Mission Accomplished

"The parakeet has flown the coop, repeat, the parakeet has flown the coop."
I have busted the packages out of Post Office Jail. And yes it’s plural. They all three came, the modest package, the Christmas package and the dream list package. I have learned a lot about the mail system and will be putting together a protocol for mailing packages here that will keep things simple and affordable for all parties involved.

After waiting at the ‘jail’ to bust them out for about 30 min I had to carry them back to the daladala (local bus) and then get back to Usa River (about 1 hour in route) then I had to wait for the next daladala to fill up so I could take it to the stop closest to my house (15 min walk). But I looked as happy as a kid at Christmas time, because in fact that’s what I am. I didn’t even mind that I had to carry the 8kg (about 17 lbs) packages really far. Because the whole time I was filled with anticipation and a big goofy grin.

Now I’m off to open them and delight in each tiny thing.



*Don't worry about me and my anticipation, I still am waiting for that package with the little heart cutouts. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sonya you are something else! I can just see you with your big goofy grin walking the 15 minutes home, hurring the last ltttle bit. Oh and my guess is that people on the daladala heard you story!
Marilee

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.