Play time!

(Jackie, Me, and Irene at Cradle of Love a week ago)

I ran to Cradle of Love this morning, no really, I ran there.

I decided to hang out with the kids there today so I could get to know a few of my special friends better. I played with Jackie and Irene so we can become good buddies. I'm glad I went today, it was beautiful weather for us to play outside and go for a walk with all the older kids. We picked up some parachichi (avocados) and passion fruit and sticks. They are girls after my own heart :) They love to touch everything. Jackie is almost 3 and we talked a bit in a mixture of Kiswahili and English, she told me her favorite color is orange and she likes ugali for food. Irene is around 1 1/2, she and I didn't talk as much but that didn't stop our fun with sticks and cookies at snack time.

Visiting with my little friends really helped me focus on some things I need to get together soon if I am to be ready in time! I realized I need a baby shower! To bad I can't just go register at some cute kids clothing stores. I'm going to need to buy some toys, chupies (undergarments), regular clothes, bath stuff, children's food utensils, Pj's, bedding, and, and, and. . . I'm sure I've forgotten something!

I'm almost ready for this. Just look at their cute little sister faces, who wouldn't be excited for this?

Comments

Anthony said…
way to sport the Camp Wawona t-shirt
Tania said…
Are these girls going to live with you?
Anonymous said…
Tania and I have the same question.

In my devotions this am, I read this and thought of you my dear Sonya.

Those who give their lives to Christian ministry know the meaning of true happiness. Their interests and their prayers reach far beyond self. They themselves are growing up as they try to reach others. They become familiar with the largest plans, the most stirring enterprises; and how can they but grow when they place themselves in the channel of light and blessing? They become more and more identified with Christ in all his plans. There is no opportunity for spiritual stagnation.
All who surrender themselves to God in unselfish service for humanity are in co-operation with the Lord of glory. This thought sweetens all toil, it braces the will, it nerves the spirit for whatever may befall. Working with unselfish heart, ennobled by being partakers of Christ's sufferings, sharing his sympathies, they help to swell the tide of his joy, and bring honor and praise to his exalted name. RH, November 21, 1907

May God bless you my dear Sonya as you prepare for His children.

"Mom" Weis

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.