What up? Oh, I'll tell you what's up.

Teaching and principal-ing is a lot of work. I live at this school most days. I have yet to sleep here but it's coming, it is only a matter of time.

I'm scared of doing things wrong or messing up but God is reminding me who put me here.

I went up to the big trees the other day, it had been to long. I miss being among the giants, feeling so small and new. It was a good feeling, a good memory. The air was fresh, the path familiar and the trees wise from having seen it all. I forget sometimes to take time in God-wild places, it gives Him a chance to speak without distraction.

Only two months left of school! Wowzers, where has the time gone? I've got a principal trip to Las Vegas a week before my birthday. Haha, wanna meet me there?

I have a 1/2 marathon to run in May but my IT band has been hurting and I'm scared. I've had to cut back on my running and I'm working on strengthening it. But I had just gotten good at running, I was averaging 9.52 min miles on my long runs. Which was so much faster than 2 years ago when I first started running at 11.30 min long runs. I hope I can keep it together.

I get to go back to school in June. Summer school. It means no summer camp, but somehow I'm okay with that. I get heaps of kids and camp feel everyday here at school. I'll miss working with great college students but I think I can sneak in a visit or two. If you are in the Pacific Union College area please tell me and we can go visit the Jack London park together.

My super cool birthday is coming up real fast. I'll be championing out the end of a decade of 20's. I have no fear of age. I've done heaps of stuff in just 29 years of life. I'll be putting together a little list of what I've learned in 30 years of life. It's good, trust me.

Grades are due soon. My spelling is getting better. I can add numbers really fast now. I know the 10 plagues, 7 days of creation and lots of memory verses. Teaching is awesome.






Comments

Andrea said…
You're going to love 30, I can tell already. When I was teaching, I learned to count to three as well as count down from 10 REALLY well. :)
and THATs whats up! lets be thirty together!
laSonya said…
I count down in French in my classroom. I reminds me that I'm still on an adventure.
laSonya said…
Oh my! Thank you, I like you too Chelsea.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.