The Way

I think I have found a new plan for an adventure.


I want to walk El Camino de Santiago.
What inspired me? I watched the movie The Way.
It was good, really good.
I was glad I didn't watch it with people because I shed some tears and I'm not quite to the place where I can cry in front of people.

The development of characters and relationships was well done I thought.

What I really liked was the route. I have always wanted to traverse a long distance, like the Appalachia trail or the Pacific Coast Trail. But this trail would be the BEST. I'd be in foreign countries, small, old towns and I'd see it all. I'm sure my experience wouldn't be quite like the movie (I wouldn't go to retrieve the remains of my son, quite smoking or loose weight) but think of the adventure!

So, whose in? I'm going to go the summer after I finish summer school. That gives me two summers or so. It'll be awesome. We can brush up on our French, Spanish and what ever cool Spain languages are tucked away in the mountains.

We'll head out after we take the great 80's road trip across the state. I'll have to tell you about that one some time.

Comments

Christoffer said…
Okay, okay, I'll watch it... Can we run parts of this trail? Say, Tuesdays and Thursdays or something?
Andrea said…
I don't have a lot of confidence that I'll make it in 2 summers, but how about when we retire? Summer 2052. We can do it in honor of our 70th birthdays. (I honestly hope Jesus comes before that.)
Sandy Keele said…
Before the movie came out, they invited clergy to view it free so Don and I went. One of the realities in life that i observed in the movie is how very good we humans can be at creating protective shells around ourselves. I felt so sad for some of the characters.. wanted to meet them in real life and give them so hope. :) Very good acting. i left feeling down..pained by the plight of most people. (like the Bible says..most are picking the broad way) It would be a great trail to hike, and i surely would, given the ticket and other expenses paid. I hope you can go someday, i know you'd love it...
Tina said…
This sounds like a good adventure. I think if I watch this movie I may end up quitting my job before I'm let go ... just because I'm ready for to get out there. God's breathing in my bones. I'm not sure what that means yet. I'm thankful for you! You're an awesome teaching principal. I'm proud when I think about you and that I know you, and I can call you friend :)
Have a good Friday and Happy Sabbath!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.