Monday? It must be.

I'm going to tell you all a funny story:

I drove home from Sacramento yesterday afternoon/evening after my meetings. I was sleeeeeeeepy so I got a bit of coffee but it was gross so I didn't drink all of it. Then I foolishly got a meal combo? (who am I? I never get those. . . whatever, clearly I'm crazy) A soda came with it . . . oh bother. I drank a small cherry coke (it'd been sooooo long so I was excited and drank it) So when it came time for me to go to bed at 10 pm. . . it wasn't happening. . . I finally fell asleep at 2 am. . . oy. 

Then I didn't get up at my normal 5 am . . . duh. I got up late, rushed around. Got a phone call at 6:37 as to the alarm going off at school but the church member who was at the church to turn the alarm off didn't have the key to the school so I pull the curlers out of my hair (don't judge I am going through a midlife hair crisis) Grab the rest of my stuff and head out the school. As I back up out of the drive I realize I don't have my glasses. I needed them because I was going on a field trip and was driving. So I pull back in and dash up to the door. Now I meant to hit the UNlock button but apparently hit the LOCK button. . . car is running and is now locked, it's almost 7 am (when I'm normally at school) and keys are in the car, field trip is coming and I'm late. Oy. Then my friend called because they were praying for me in their worship time and thought it would be better to pray with me on the phone. That was nice, a bit embarrassing but I sure needed it! 

No I don't have AAA (but believe you me I'm going to get it today! And I'm getting 3 spare keys made to put in my house!) so I called Doc's towing for a fix into my car. 

He came and I made it to the school by 7:45am. Made copies of consent to treat forms and said hello to kids as they arrived. As we were having worship (late because I was finishing prep stuff) I realize I had tooth paste on my shirt. Oy.

So I'm back now from our field trip down the road to the apple orchard and I think it's going to be okay.

That's my day today, so far. What a crack pot deal. 

Comments

Andrea said…
I was going to ask how your Tuesday went. Now I know. Sorry. :( (Except for the apples part, that sounded pretty good).
Unknown said…
Haha Sonya! :) What a fun to read this post. I enjoyed it a lot. Pole sana though Dada! What a way to start a day -especially when it's NOT a monday. At least you can tell one more funny story when you are a grandmother ;) Hugs from Germany
Sandy Keele said…
BLESS IT!!!!!!
We need to hear these stories too and be reminded we ALL have these things happen AND we all survive and even thrive in spite of them:)
Christoffer said…
Sounds like it was the best of times and the worst of times. I'm impressed.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.