The details.

I get lost in tiny details. Please don't ask for a tiny detailed play by play. It's too much for my brain to plan things out so finite. This is the burden I find in planning out lesson plans. In my classroom I have my own way of lesson plans that I can read. I don't need to put a script in them or a play by play of what will happen next. I'm good enough to figure things out as I go. Because of my background in improv and a natural ability to read the audience I can see if things are going well and change it in a moment. Also my own personal struggle is that I am also a principal and so I don't always take time to fully write out my lesson plans but I know what I am doing for the most part. Blech.
Anyway, all of this is coming about because I am in a class that is requiring me to write out full lesson plans. No thanks. It's one of the reasons I avoided the Education Department all together.


Over all I'm not sure I can make it much longer this summer. I am filled to the brim with what will soon become useless knowledge unless I can get home and put it to use. I'm even to the point where I don't want to even be a teacher any more because all I can see is loads of work that I'll never get done. If this were the end of the year I wouldn't sign up for another. I am so over it. I need a break.


Comments

ChuckR said…
The pain is in the detail, just plod through and before you know it you'll be in TX again!!! Yeah!!!
Andrea said…
One time, when I was about 5, my dad asked me why I disobeyed, and I said it was because I didn't feel like doing what he told me. And that's when he gave me a piece of wisdom that has stuck with me..."Sometimes we have to do things even when we don't feel like it."

Also, I admire your honesty.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.