November 10, 2018

This morning I went to the International Christian Association campus in Phnom Penh to a women's conference. It was lovely. I was able to meet some new people and listen to a speaker from Texas, which is always a treat.

The highlight was the worship songs. I love singing for worship. There is nothing better than a room full of people breathing as one as you praise God for who he is. It's incredible. While I love my local Adventist church we don't sing many praise songs so today was a treat. I wish we could have sung all morning.

A verse that one of the songs reminded me of was Psalms 73:25, 26.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.
What I want more than anything is the second line to be true: I desire YOU, God, more than anything on earth. More than traveling home for Christmas, more than my safety, more than a relationship and more than myself. This verse has often been such a struggle for me to make true but today I prayed that it would be.

I was reminded of the power and the importance of prayer. I need to get back to it again. The speaker reminded us that action and worship are not the same as prayer. My plan is to shake my morning devotion time up. I need to pray and not just read something and call it a morning, I'll listen to praise music, meditate on verses and listen for His voice.

Because at the end of the day, my health may fail, and my spirit grow weak BUT God remains the strength of my heart because HE IS MINE FOREVER.

Comments

Christoffer said…
I agree: singing is the best. Glad you got to enjoy some songs you love with some new folks.
Andrea said…
Loved that sermon you shared too on Ps. 73. God remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever. Glad you got to go worship on Sabbath in a different way!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.