November 18,2017

Today Karen and I are off to Mondulkiri for the last Teacher Training of the year. We've had several since September and they get better each time. I am enjoying my job so much! Our current model is working in three areas: Teacher Training, Modeling/Mentoring and Observation. It will be tweaked at the start of next year as we continue to grow and develop our best practice, learning what we can from others who have gone before us and who are right beside us. We'll go into the school tomorrow (Monday morning) in time for worship and then Karen and I will each teach an English class and have as many teachers as possible observe us. This way they can practice filling in the observation sheet that we use with them, they can get ideas and they can learn that it's okay to make mistakes (because we sure will!). It's part of the modeling step of our program. We will finish the rest of the morning observing them teach and the following morning too. Monday afternoon Karen and I will split the time we have with two different trainings. Mine will review the last few topics, lesson plans and learning styles by teaching the types of formative assessments (my favorite!). It will be an exciting afternoon for sure!

We'll finish up Tuesday at lunch and then board the bus back for Phnom Penh. It's a short visit but a good one. I look forward to seeing my friends, the teachers and the cool mountain air. I can never seem to get enough of it.

I'm not nervous in the presenting of information but I just pray that what we teach is useful, that the teachers can appreciate it and add it into their style of teaching. I know that this work is needed, there are reports on reports stating that Cambodia is in need of educational direction. I suppose it is the cloud that is always hanging out in a teachers mind, is this enough to help the student, is this getting through to the student. I'll just have to keep trusting that for today it is enough and that God will help fill in the gaps.

If you are interested in training teachers, have done research or want to join me please email me! I am always looking for new ideas and people! Sonya@rawimpact.org

I'll see you tomorrow in the mountains! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.