November 2, 2018

Oy, these monthly New Year's resolutions are getting hard!

The last I talked about them was in April.

Here's the latest--

May: Off book. To be "off book" with Psalms 121. It was a great passage to memorize

Psalm 121

I look up to the mountains-
does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth!
He will not let you stumble;
the one who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never slumbers or sleeps
The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon at night.
The Lord keeps you from all harm
and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever. 
June: On 30 minutes a day of journaling. It went mostly well. I remembered most days and found it to be quite peaceful in the evenings to sit quietly and reflect on the day.

July: Off soda. There were a lot of teams this summer and I realized I was drinking more soda than normal, so I kicked it out for the month. It wasn't too hard, I just drank more water instead.

August: Ugg. I failed miserably at this one. I did nothing, can that be my monthly resolution?

September: Ummmm, I honestly don't even remember this month happening.

October: Off coffee AND On a selfie. Since I didn't do anything for September and I failed at August I made up for it in October with TWO. The coffee one was a bit hard especially at first but I survived. I did find I missed the flavor and the routine of drinking coffee more than I missed the caffeine kick in the mornings. The selfie went mostly well. I forgot a lot of the days, especially because I was sick for a couple weeks and didn't even really go in to work--who wants to remember those days. Over all it was a fun goal to try and remember a picture a day!






November: On blogging. I get to blog something every single day. It can be about the day, a thought, a struggle or glimpse of my everyday journey. I hope we enjoy the month of November! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.