November 23, 2018

Whelp, I'm officially bad at this months resolution. My excuse is that while in a normal everyday office routine I can remember and take the energy to write a blog post. However, when I am traveling all normalcy is thrown out.

Today is day three of Water Festival here in Cambodia. It means more fireworks! They have been every night for the last three nights. It's the best. I just sit outside on my balcony and watch them for almost an hour! It's a great way to unwind and relax. I would like them every night! It is a bit distracting to type and watch the fireworks at the same time. Oooooo! That as a good one. Focus, Reaves.

I had today off as my 'long weekend'. Non Khmer crew at RAW Impact are given a long weekend or our choosing every month, the Khmer staff get the many random government holidays instead. My goal today was to prep as much as I could for the Thanksgiving Feast that will be on Sunday. It's my third one here in Cambodia but the first one I'll be hosting at my apartment! I'm quite excited!

To start my day I woke up at my normal time, because I'm like a school kid on the first day of their holiday and I was able to catch up with my dad for Thanksgiving. Then I read for a half a minute and realized I was sleepy, so three hours after I woke up I took a nap and it was glorious.

The main stuff I did today was clean everything, sweep, mop etc. I also purchased the drinks for Sunday and most importantly I carried them all up the 7 flights of stairs. I also got the stuff to make my pumpkin pie and my apple pie (minus the apples. . . I forgot them and will go and get them Sat night at the Toul Tom Pong night market). I made a cover for the circle chair I have, it was gross from sweat and stuff and was in SORE need of a cover. I sewed it myself, thanks Cris for the free sewing machine!

After all that stairs exercise and sweeping and mopping I'm tire. I'll sleep well tonight. 

Comments

Andrea said…
Hey it’s ok about the resolution thing. It’s going to take me a couple months to catch up. But it’s stikl lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.