El Dia de Action de Gracias.

The day of action of thanks.
I like the way it goes in Spanish.

I have my personal traditions of writing my list of 100 things I am thankful for. It all started when I was living in Honduras. I wanted to share Thanksgiving with my German friends, so after the meal that the Hogar made for the Americans and the rest of the home, the 6 of us SMs went and sat around and shared our lists of at least 10 things. Since then it has been a tradition! I've spent Thanksgiving in many different place with many different people but I'm always thankful for so much. Here is my list from last year, 2009. I have lists that go back to Honduras in 2003 but not with me. I just love taking some time to think about what I am thankful for. It's important.

Also this year I was thinking back to where I was for the last few years at Thanksgiving time, here are a few stories from last year and when I was in Tchad. So many stories and so many things to be thankful for. We really are blessed.

I know it's hard to be away from home and in a strange place for Thanksgiving, but think of the gift you can give someone if you share with them the beauty of stopping and being thankful for what you have and where you are. It really can be a wonderful thing.

I hope you can make your list and share it too.

Comments

Andrea said…
You're on my list.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.