These are the days of our lives.

I made hot chocolate mix the other day from scratch. I had to sift cocoa powder, when I was done I had chocolate boogers.

I ran down to the stop sign and back in a little over 3o min.

I am helping with summer camp prep and that makes me think it's summer time.

I baked muffins with Cheerios.

I baked muffins with Raisin Bran.

I baked cookies with Cheerios.

I baked cookies with Raisin Bran.

I bought a plane ticket home to Texas in March for my high school reunion. I can't wait to see all my old friends and their new additions to their families. To relive all our old high school jokes, to tell stories and look at pictures. It's going to be epic.

I've been learning a lot about waiting on God. It seems as though this process has been slow but that is how it sometimes feels when one is waiting.

I've learned to enjoy the slow days and embrace the quietness.

I went to the Worlds Agriculture Expo in Tulare, California and drove all sorts of cool stuff.

I learned to weld and plan on making something cool before camp starts.

I've enjoyed many outings in the forest by myself. It's given me time to think about my future, express myself to God and see many things that I wouldn't have seen if I had waited for someone to go with me.

Yesterday I built a fire down at Indian Camp and hung out by it for hours by myself. Well, I should say I was intentional about being with God during that time. After all the sermon was about quality time.

I told the children's story yesterday in church. I talked about Duplicat and the time he went missing for a few days. It tied in with how Duplicat showed love after being rescued by spending quality time with me as we climbed a mountain.

I've spent time with friends (I'm not always alone out here), watching movies, TV shows, hiking to the face of Wawona Dome, playing games, eating food, cooking food and walking and talking.

These days have been good. These days are going to get even better.

Plus Kimberly is coming to visit again soon.
(which means I can take another picture with her because
I think this is the only one I have where I
am not making a face or she is not making a face.)

Comments

chelsea said…
CHOCOLATE BOOGERS!?!?!?! those sound amazing
krista said…
only people who used to be kids that ate their boogers would leave a comment like that.... ahem.
laSonya said…
Krista I don't eat boogers. Gross. But if I did, I would eat those.
chelsea said…
ok, to clarify, i didn't eat my boogers as a kid. maybe once, which is why i KNEW that the nuts in 7 grain bread were actually boogers. same color, shape and consistency. i did, however, lick the snot off my upper lip when i had a runny nose. too much information? what can i say, i love to be known. KNOW ME, WORLD!!
i like it... i can't believe we are MAKING straight faces! amazing!
Nicholas said…
the comments on this blog are FUNNY

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.