Merry Two Months

I find myself listening to my Christmas music play list all the time. I’m trying to remind myself that it’s actually Christmas time, that Thanksgiving has come and gone and that I have been here for two full months.

Things are changing these days. We’ve got Mary’s two kids along with two of her teenage sisters here for some time. School is out for a while so it’s a family vacation. The house isn’t as quite anymore, in fact it’s not at all quite J I’m not so worried; I knew the noise would be here soon enough. And with me having my official residence visa all sorts of great things should be happening soon.

I’m blessed to have people (Sm’s from Southern, friends of friends) passing through the area and I get to visit with them. This will help keep the Christmas spirit alive. I was going to try and go somewhere for the holidays but in wanting to save money for my good buddies wedding in April (Liz Randall, from my Tchad adventures) I decided to make the most of it from here. Next year this time. . . wow.

Small Steps for Compassion has put together our official Holiday List of ways you can help support us here at our Nyumbani, home. Here’s the link for the online catalog, please feel free to buy cool things. We’ll show you pictures of what you bought as we get them. I’m excited to finish outfitting our house for lots of little people! I’ve got a few leads on children that need homes, so I’ll keep you updated on those as they come too!

I think I’ll go work on my Christmas tan while I go do my laundry. I hope we get our well started and finished soon, the well is runny really low and it’s quite muddy.

Comments

Andrea said…
Wow that's pretty cool...you have your own orphanage gift registry!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.